Are you tired of hearing people calling you obese, fat, and other similar words because of your weight? Do you want to have a beautiful slim body? Are you looking for a natural and quick way to lose weight?
If your answer is “yes”, do not hesitate to read this article. In the next few lines, I will shed light on one of the best natural and quick diets for weight loss. Let’s start the ball rolling!
1 – What Is A Ketogenic Diet?
The ketogenic or keto diet is one of the innovative healthy natural foods which followed to lose weight. It is shallow in carbohydrates and high in fats. The strategy of this diet is reducing carbohydrate intake and substituting it with fat. This reduction in carbohydrates leads your body to a metabolic state called ketosis. This state helps the human body to burn fats for energy effectively and to convert them into ketones in the liver, which can supply power to the brain.
2 – What Are The Types of Ketogenic Diets?
There are four main types of a ketogenic diet for weight loss; namely:
– Standard ketogenic diet (SKD): This diet contains very low (5%)carbohydrate, (20% )moderate protein, and (75% )high fat.
– A targeted ketogenic diet (TKD): It is similar to the standard ketogenic diet, but it allows you to have more carbohydrates while you are exercising.
– High-protein ketogenic diet: This diet contains five %carbohydrate, 35% protein, and 60% fat. As you see, It is also similar to the standard ketogenic diet, but it contains more protein and less fat.
– A cyclical ketogenic diet (CKD): This diet includes periods of having more carbohydrates. Such as five days of ketogenic days followed by two days of high-carb.
– How Can Ketogenic Diets Help You Lose Weight?
The keto diet is considered as an effective diet for weight loss and lowering risk factors for diseases. Recent studies proved that dieters who follow keto diet lost weight 2,2 to three times more than those who follow calorie-restricted low-fat diets.
It Makes the ketogenic diets better than calorie-restricted low-fat diets. Another reason which makes a keto diet far superior to calorie-restricted low-fat diets is the increased protein intake which has countless benefits. Furthermore, in the keto diet, there is no need for tiring yourself counting your calorie intake and tracking the quantity of food and drinks you have to lose weight.
– What kind Of Food To Include?
Your keto diet can include all of these:
– Low-carb vegetables: Green vegetables, tomatoes, onions, peppers, etc.
– Avocados: Whole avocados or freshly made guacamole.
– Meat: Chicken, turkey, red beef, steak, and sausage
– Fatty fish: Trout, salmon, mackerel, and tuna.
– Eggs: Pastured or omega-3 whole eggs.
– Cheese: Unprocessed cheese.
– Butter and cream: Grass-fed when possible.
– Healthy oils: Coconut oil, virgin olive oil, and avocado oil.
– Nuts and seeds: Pumpkin seeds, chia seeds, flax seeds, almonds, walnuts, etc.
– Condiments: salt, pepper, and all the healthy herbs and spices
In addition to this list, here are some healthy snacks to have between meals if you feel so hungry :
– Very Smaller portions of leftover meal
– One to two boiled eggs
– Strawberries and cream
– Celery with salsa and guacamole
– Cheese with olives
– 90% dark chocolate
– A low-carb milkshake with almond milk, cocoa powder, and nut butter
– Full-fat yoghurt mixed with nut butter and cocoa powder.
– What Kind Of Food To Avoid?
In this diet, you should stay away from the following:
– Alcohol: Due to their carb content, many alcoholic beverages can throw you out of ketosis.
– Root vegetables and tubers: Such as potatoes, sweet potatoes, carrots, parsnips, etc.
– Fruit: only small portions of berries like strawberries
– Beans or legumes: Beans, Kidney beans, peas, lentils, chickpeas, etc.
– Grains or starches: Wheat-based products, rice, pasta, cereal, etc.
– Sugary foods: Fruit juice, smoothies, soda, cake, candy, ice cream, jam, etc.
– Sugar-free diet foods: They are high in sugar alcohols, which can affect ketogenic levels in some cases. These foods also tend to be highly processed.
– Low-fat or diet products: They are highly processed and often high in carbs.
– Unhealthy fats: reduce your intake of processed vegetable oils, mayonnaise, etc.
– Some condiments or sauces: They often contain sugar and unhealthy fat.
In a nutshell, although this diet does not only help you burn fats and lose weight, it also has other positive impacts on your health, you should not follow it without consulting your doctor if you are suffering from any disease.